The Research Assistant (RA) will be a member of the Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health (CEVR), which is part of the Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies at Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
The RA position supports research activities involving health plan coverage of medical technology, health economics, and cost-effectiveness analyses. Activities include but are not limited to data extraction, management and analysis, review and summary of literature, and assisting with the preparation of manuscripts and presentations. The position requires strong writing and organizational skills.
The RA must be able to work independently and handle competing demands in order to meet project deadlines. The RA will be supervised by CEVR faculty and senior research staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Data extraction, management, and analysis.
- Conducting literature searches and developing written literature summaries.
- Assisting with manuscript and grant application preparation, including the drafting of text, preparation of tables and figures, and preparation of bibliographies.
- Assisting with other research activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point). Familiarity with databases (e.g., experience using MS Access) and/or computer programming skills are a plus.
- Ability to work both independently with limited supervision as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities appropriately.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or scientific field with an interest in health policy. Economics degree a plus.
- Some research experience, preferably in an academic, research or medical setting is a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office work environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medical Center, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption.
How to apply:
Interested applicants can Apply Here.