The Project Director will be a member of the Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health (CEVR), within the Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies (ICRHPS) at Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
The Project Directors principal responsibility will be to develop and lead research studies.
The position requires someone with strong writing and organizational skills who thrives both as part of a team and when working independently.
Principal Duties & Essential Functions
- Conception, design, and management of research studies
- Development of manuscript drafts for submission to peer-review journals (candidate would be expected to lead manuscript writing)
- Project management, including tracking project timelines, planning external meetings, and engaging with project partners and stakeholders.
- Oversight and mentorship of supporting staff members for management and technical support
- Support faculty in the development of research proposals
- Strong written communication skills, e.g., as demonstrated by a history of major contributions to published reports or manuscripts, and lead authorship of published or unpublished papers or reports that present original analytic work
- Experience in project management
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large datasets, such as claims data or other healthcare data
- Experience performing systematic literature reviews is a plus
- Experience mentoring junior researchers
- Experience using statistical and general programming language (e.g., SQL, R, SAS, or STATA).
- Knowledge of the US health care system. In particular, familiarity of the US health insurance landscape is highly desirable
- Masters degree (or higher) in health policy, health economics, public health, decision science, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in health policy, health economics, decision science or a related field
To apply for the position, submit resume and cover letter here.