The Biostatistician/Data Scientist will be a member of the Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health (CEVR), which is part of the Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies at Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
We seek applicants with a strong desire to use and further develop their research skills in health policy, health services research, and health economics. The Biostatistician/Data Scientist will work independently and collaboratively to develop strategies for data management and statistical testing/modeling, implement data analysis plans, and contribute to the drafting of study reports and manuscripts.
Principal Duties & Essential Functions
- Work with large, complex health care data (e.g., health insurance claims files, survey data, and electronic health records). Address challenges in modeling real-world data.
- Manipulate, transform, analyze, and represent data graphically. Identify trends and associations in datasets, contextualize findings, and communicate technical results and methods.
- Develop tools and routines that increase the efficiency of repeated statistical, programming, and data management tasks.
- Contribute to presentations, reports, and manuscripts.
- Experience working with real-world health data. Experience analyzing administrative claims and national survey data is desirable.
- Advanced statistical training and programming skills in SAS, STATA, and/or R.
- Strong written communication skills, e.g., as demonstrated by major contributions to published reports or manuscripts, and authorship of published or unpublished papers that describe original analytic work.
- Completion of a graduate degree in health economics, decision science, biostatistics, statistics, epidemiology, or a related field.
- At least two years experience conducting large database analyses in an academic, think tank, consulting, or similar environment.
To apply for the position, submit resume and cover letter here.