The Research Assistant (RA) will be a member of the Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health (CEVR), which is part of the Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies at Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
The RA position supports research activities involving health plan coverage of medical technology, health economics, and cost-effectiveness analyses. Activities include but are not limited to data extraction, management and analysis, review and summary of literature, and assisting with the preparation of manuscripts and presentations. The position requires strong writing and organizational skills.
The research assistant’s primary responsibility will be to support the Specialty Drug Evidence and Coverage (SPEC) Database, which CEVR researchers use to examine patient access to specialty medications through private health plan coverage decisions.
The RA must be able to work independently and handle competing demands in order to meet project deadlines. The RA will be supervised by CEVR faculty and senior research staff.
- Data extraction, management, and analysis.
- Conducting literature searches and developing written literature summaries.
- Assisting with manuscript and grant application preparation, including the drafting of text, preparation of tables and figures, and preparation of bibliographies.
- Assisting with other research activities.
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative or scientific field with an interest in health policy. Economics degree a plus.
- Some research experience, preferably in an academic, research or medical setting is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point). Familiarity with databases (e.g., experience using MS Access) and/or computer programming skills are a plus.
- Ability to work both independently with limited supervision as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities appropriately.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
To apply for the position, email a resume and cover letter to Julie Crowe.